GNS Healthcare is the leader in health data analytics. We have built and maintain a suite of unique analytics capabilities, hosted in the cloud, and we apply these tools to interesting problems found in the pharmaceutical, care delivery, and managed care domains.
We are looking for an energetic and creative team member with background in computer science, math, statistics, bioinformatics, statistical genetics, or a related quantitative field with experience and knowledge in biological and informatics applications, and experience leading a team.
Looking to make a difference in the world and help change the healthcare industry? Federal mandates, increased healthcare IT adoption, and technological advances have made it possible for the healthcare industry to use advanced analytics to improve outcomes and reduce costs at the same time. All of this is powered by data, measures, and ontologies and you will be helping us use these to deliver value for our clients.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for someone to join our team that can help deliver on the analysis, development, and support of our data pipeline. If you are strong with healthcare informatics, measures, code sets, ontologies, and data as well as the processes and technology to support ETL, we would love to meet with you.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Work with the team to understand our clients’ opportunities and how we can add value
- Define, design, implement, improve, and support ETL solutions using the myriad healthcare and behavior measures and controlled vocabularies used to drive our models and analytic products
- Lead the data onboarding and transformation processes for various source data
- Continuously improve control processes, ensuring data integrity, quality, standardization, and security throughout the ETL process
- Develop test methods, measurement tools, baseline reference data and measures, and analyses to support our visualization technologies and applications
- Function as a healthcare data subject matter expert to support the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of clinical information and intelligence solutions
- Provide complete documentation and communication of all processes, methods, and results
- Support production solutions and the ongoing updating and maintenance of our reference data sources
Must Have Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in healthcare informatics, information systems, computer science, or related information technology degree preferred. Advanced degree in one of these areas preferred
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare informatics and hands-on experience handling large, diverse healthcare data sets (e.g. medical and pharmacy claims, lab results, health coach interactions, member surveys, etc.) and transforming them into measures of interest
- 3+ years of experience exploring and analyzing data and/or scripting ETL processes using SQL
- 1+ years of experience using a scripting language (Python, Bash, Perl, etc.) to automate processes
- Extensive knowledge of existing healthcare databases, data sources and industry standard measures and code sets (e.g. ICD9, CPT/HCPCS, DRG, NDC, GPI, LOINC) and other health care claims grouping and risk adjustment methodologies (ETG, HCC, ERG, PRG, ACG)
- Knowledge of current medical practices, standards, delivery systems, health care payment systems, and reimbursement methodologies
- Proficient using SQL with solid familiarity and experience with database applications (Amazon RedShift, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or equivalent)
- Some database management experience with the ability to explore and manage database internals (e.g. storage/memory, query performance, users, permissions, etc.)
- Experience integrating tools (e.g. Informatica, Kettle, SSIS) and/or workload automation software to streamline processes
- Experience with data analysis/visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire) to generate reports
- Advanced analytic, reporting, and problem-solving skills around financial, claims, clinical, and behavioral data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to present solutions with both technical and non-technical arguments
- Intensely curious, not settling for accepted or superficial answers, always asking why and digging deeper
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Background in statistics, biostatistics, public health, research design, health economics, or other related quantitative healthcare field
- Experience commercializing a healthcare analytics solution
GNS’ Company Culture
Our philosophy at GNS is simple: We cannot transform healthcare with anything less than an all-star team. We are seeking smart, driven people who are experts in their field, have track records of success, and possess a passion for creating change. We believe that strong, collaborative teams supercharge the performance of individuals, create a fun and dynamic workplace and great results for our clients and the people they serve.
GNS offers competitive salaries, stock options, vacation, health and dental insurance for employees and their families, life insurance, long- term disability and a 401(k) plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.