GNS Healthcare is a big data analytics company that empowers health plans, providers, pharmaceutical companies, and foundations to make intelligent data-driven decisions.
We are looking for an exceptional data engineer / data scientist with enthusiasm and experience in data wrangling and data pipeline building (ETL) in healthcare applications. This individual will create a bridge between the raw data and the modeling team by providing model-ready data frames. Because this position requires extensive internal and external collaboration, excellent communications skills are required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Turn terabytes of data into information ready for analysis and modeling
- Navigate the complex client data landscape (medical, claims, etc.) and identify how to integrate data from different and often heterogeneous sources using cutting edge technologies
- Work with new big data technologies
- Search for new data sources to turn them into strategic assets
- Able to apply statistics and machine learning techniques to get a first feel from the data
- M.S. in computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics or a similar quantitative field with extensive experience in data wrangling
- Strong algorithmic inclination
- Coding skills (Python, R) and experience with data processing are required. Experience with Python data processing libraries, e.g. Pandas, bcolz, Blaze, is a plus
- Experience with healthcare data (claims, electronic medical records, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with relational databases and solid SQL knowledge required
- Familiarity with non-relational databases is a plus
- Experience with the Hadoop/Mapr ecosystem (Spark, YARN, Hive, etc.). Comfortable with data manipulations at scale (e.g. PySpark)
- Familiarity with statistical and machine learning techniques for initial data quality assessment
- Payer, provider or population health experience is a plus
- Familiarity with research databases (Truven MarketScan, etc.) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate technical material to non-technical audiences simply and clearly
- Experience in handling deadlines, with a history of succeeding at multitasking
- Interest in application of causal inference methods
Our philosophy at GNS is simple: we cannot transform healthcare with anything less than an all-star team. We are seeking for driven people who are experts in their field, have track record to success and a passion for creating change. We believe that strong teams supercharge the performance of individuals, create a fun dynamic workplace and great results for our clients and the people they serve.
GNS offers competitive salary, stock options, vacation, health and dental insurance for employees and their families, life insurance, long-term disability and a 401(k) plan. EOE
No phone calls or Recruiters, please.